Monday, August 6, 2012

My Drosophyllum lusitanicum plants also hate me =(

I recently purchased two of my first Drosophyllum lusitanicum carnivorous plants AKA Dewy Pine Plants from http://www.CaliforniaCarnivores.com. I did some research about the slack potting method for these plants because I guess they rot really easily and can't stay damp.  
Unfortunately, my slack potting method didn't work. . .and I think they just couldn't handle the shock and being repotted.  I gave the roots quick a shake up. . .I later then read after potting them that you shouldn't disturb the roots at all with the drosophyllums.   I was wondering what this weird pot was that came with it.  It fell apart really easily and I was like WTF? Cheap lil pot turns out to be a peat pot that dissolves itself when you plant it into the medium so that you don't have to disturb the roots. 
AAAAAHHHH.   I felt really dumb for again not doing my research first before potting them.  I completely cleaned the rhizome with RO water like a Venus Fly Trap. . .and yeah.  Dead Drosophyllums =(
Maybe next season I'll try again!!! Do you have any nice pictures of Drosophyllums I can see??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment