Monday, August 6, 2012

08/04/2012 My Nepenthes Hate me =(

I'm a new grower and live in Southern Los Angeles, California.  For some reason I thought It would be amazing to have a wild nepenthes greenhouse to live out a boyhood dream I once had.
Little did I know that Nepenthes + Direct Sun in a green house + Southern California 80 Degree Weather = Cooked Nepenthes.
I just started this collection a month ago. . .so pray they make it through! 
This is the list of plants I bought. . .unfortunately in my haste I was like ripping the boxes open and have no idea which plant is which.
So typical of me to lose the tags on each plant! lol. . .Live and learn right! 

Do you know which plants are which? 

I bought two from http://www.Orchidweb.com
Nepenthes Truncata (Lowland)
Nepenthes Maxima
The plants were packed well, but one of the super large tall plants snapped at the base of the plant when I was repotting it. . . so I couldn't figure out what to do to save it so I chopped it up and tried to make cuttings in rock wool. 
I used a gel rooting horomone. . .tell them to root please! 


I'm not sure if this is the Maxima or the Truncata that snapped. . .will the bottom grow without leaves or pitchers???

I bought six from http://www.LeilaniNursery.com
They came so fast in the mail and they gave me Two Plants for Free!! I couldn't believe it! What a great surprise! 

Nepenthes Spathulata x Boschiana Cutting Bare Root
Nepenthes Rafflesiana N. Bruni Squat x (Kondo x Singapore giant 6) Bare Root
Nepenthes Enigma N. Medusa x Inermis Bare Root
Nepenthes Sibuyanensis x (Spectabilis x Beccariana) Cutting Bare Root
Nepenthes Spectabilis x Ventricosa Bare Root
Nepenthes Minami (((Northiana x Maxima) x Maxima) x (Mirabilis x (Rafflesiana x Ampullaria))) Bare Root
Free Nepenthes Sibuyanenesis x Maxima
Free Nepenthes Viscaria 

Ok. . .I have no idea which ones are which because the tags got switched up when I was repotting them. . .=(



 I think this is the N. Spectabilis x Ventricosa.

Is this the N. Sibuyanensis x Maxima? 

Mystery Plants. . . I guess it will be nice to see what kind of pitchers develop. . .my control freak mind cannot rest until I know what species it is!!! ahh!!! 
 

This lil lady HAS to be the N. Minami Right? RIght??? Right??



These guys got COOKED in the greenhouse for three days. . .they came so beautiful in the mail, ugh Thats what I get for buying plants first THEN buying SAVAGE GARDEN by Peter D'Amato. LOL! 


 I believe this is the Enigma. . .When i was moving them around the one and only pitcher snapped off on accident. . .im so sad!

I don't even want to talk about this one. . I don't even know which one it is, its fried, and sad faced =( Good thing I started with Plants before getting a dog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment