Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August 8 2012 Carnivorous Plant Garden Update

Hi internet world!
Its lie over 80 degrees in Los Angeles and my plants are still frying in the direct sun.  The nepenthes are now all hanging on steep rot iron hooks that I bought at Lowes.  I staked them into the ground and put the potted plants into hanging baskets so that I didn't have to repot them.  That way they can accimate hopefully to the temperatures in California. 
My Venus Fly Traps, Sundews, and Sarracenia are all being kind of shaded by a couple potted palm trees, is that going to work??? I tried to set up a shade cloth, but yeah im much better at styling hair that I am at construction, so that thing fell apart.
Shade ideas for the full sun plants anyone??????
xoxox
Im waiting for a bunch of rare Sarracenia Pitcher Plants to come in the mail! I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment